Earlston Circular via the SUW
About This Route
Please park considerately.
- From the Rugby club ride up Haughead road (North) about a mile to Clackmae farm, at the suspension bridge if you bear slight right you will see the ford.
- Once at Clackmae turn right then 1st left to Mosshouses.
- You will climb up a short steep hill on a very quiet road with lovely views back to Black hill and Earlsdon. A
- About 1.5 miles and you will reach the Southern Upland Way, turn left signed Melrose 7km.
- Carry on the Southern Upland Way until you reach Gattonside turning left onto the road and then left again into the houses,
- Its a wiggle through the houses but this avoids the busy main road. Follow the road along until it turns right and you take the first left (back on yourself) follow the road round to the right to the bottom of the hill then left and left again back on yourself. Follow this back up the hill onto a rough track signed Earlston. You are now on the goat track.
- Follow this all the way to Sorrowless Farm, take care through the steading, it is a working farm.
- Exit the farm, down the road and turn left and then right back to Earlsdon.
Melrose, Morebattle, Harestanes
West Linton, Peebles, Cardrona Forest, Traquair, Yarrowford, Bowhill, Hawick
Hownam, Kirk and Town Yetholm
Yair Forest, Peebles, Traquair, Walkerburn, Innerleithen